View Single Post
Old 10-31-2020, 12:41 PM
eparys

I would do as simple as possible. In the past on years that it is just the DH and I, I have gotten a turkey breast, did a small amount of stuffing, vegie, sweet potato, canned cranberry, gravyand of course pie - it was fine and just about perfect in the amount. I even cooked the breast in the crock pot. lol.

This year the kids will not be here (due to Covid) but I am doing something different. The local supermarket does a meal for 6 - but there is only two and we would be eating it for a month. However, a local B&B has been struggling during these unsettled times and has begun selling a once a week "Take Home Meals". We have done several of these so far to help them out and the food has been fantastic and often enough food for a second left over meal!! For their Thanksgiving meal for 2 - they are charging $40 and will be serving Turkey, stuffing, Mashed Potatoes, Butternut Squash, Green Bean Casserole, gravy , rolls as well as pie. You pick it up in oven ready containers - pop it in the stove at 350 to keep it warm. My order is already in -