Old 11-01-2020, 01:26 AM
Murphy224

I just started a Christmas quilt on Friday. Took me about a week to determine what pattern to use and what fabrics would work well together. Using Atkinson Designs "Slide Show" pattern. Using Christmas fabric and white on white snowflake scraps from a Christmas quilt from several years ago. Used up all the scraps of the white. And 10 fat quarters of Christmas fabric!! Yeah, made a small dent in my Christmas fabric box.
I drag that box out every year about the middle of October, one year in the middle of July, and for some reason never really get motivated to just do it and use some of it up. Guess the "Covid lock down" has been good for one thing anyway.
In my search for quick and easy quilt patterns that would showcase Christmas fabric and not require that it be a perfect match but blend well, I re-found Fabric cafe. That is the quilt company that has patterns for 3 yard quilts. All her patterns are based on three yards of fabric and makes a nice size throw or lap quilt. She also has a lot of new you tube videos that showcase her patterns and gives ideas of fabrics to use.
Don't think I can post a link to the you tube video she posted on Thursday using Christmas fabric with her patterns. She is selling her patterns and fabric and am not sure what the forum rules are for that. I already have another one planned using her pattern Picture Perfect that I already had and never made.