Old 11-01-2020, 06:13 AM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Dear Fellow Quilters,
I clicked on Bonnie's link that asked me to download some sort of a program. Now remember that I was 16 years old the very first time I heard the word computer. So I downloaded this program. It totally erased my access to this board and many, maybe all of the other boards, that I am on. (chickens, beekeeping, etc.) I am sooooo unhappy. Now how do I fix this. My computer wiz kid joined the military and is now doing cyber security, and for the country now, not just me.
Did everyone else have the same experience?
Marcia
Battle Axe, I have printed out the introduction to the mystery....and I did not have anything like that happen....I would not click on anymore links with whatever it is you have downloaded.....sometimes hackers are pretty inventive and I have click on innocent looking stuff. Most of the time I have recognized I don't want to go there.....good if you have some computer person who can help you with this....my nephew is an IT person and I will call him when I panick and he usually say as long as I haven't given out any info, I am OK...but one time he did come over and sort it all out.....I do use Norton on my computer also even though my internet provider apparently has a virus catcher too and it has stopped a few things.....sometimes I just shut everything off and restart too....