View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 08:17 AM
Cheshirepat

We're doing ok, I think... She is *clean* now. I poked and wiped and oiled and she's feeling so much more sprightly. I got the right v-shaped belt, and now I'm down to the electric work.
When I gingerly plugged the old wires in (they are crackly with age) the lamp lit up, but nothing happened with the pedal/motor. The wires running to the pedal have been spliced and mended with black tape to a 'newer' wire which attaches at the pedal.
I took the pedal apart to dust, etc. It's reasonably clean...just not working.

So, I think I can get as far as putting new wires on everything, but I guess we'll see if that changes anything. I know there's a video out there on servicing the foot pedal - I'll probably take a look at that next.

If it still fails to engage the motor, I may consider buying a new/refurbished old one. I have someone who has offered to give a good price one of the ones she still has around (she refurbishes as well, she and her husband have done it for 20 years now!)
I'm also keeping my eyes open for another 99, maybe not running but one that has a decent base I can use.
I'll attach pics when I re-size them.