View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020, 12:40 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Default Oct post #1210 Stars in the News

How it began In January of 2019 I declared it the year of the triangle (waste triangles that is). Earlier I had made a couple of wonky red star blocks and made a few more at that time.

Why it stalled And then it sat. This winter I pulled out the few blocks and added some more. Soon I had 72 blocks and was running out of the red stash fabric. Now what to do...and then it sat.

And then In August I decided to finish it up and struck upon the idea of sashing with some newsprint fabric in stash. In my EQ program I played with layouts and decided on 3" sashes between each block and had enough to sash and border the quilt. I decided to use colored scraps as cornerstones. Oh but what if I make wonky stars with the corner stones. Lots of waste triangles used up! Meanwhile browsing in a LQS I found a red KFasset fabric and said...hmm I wonder if this is the right red. Bought a piece of it and no it wasn't quite the same...but with the newsprint it was far enough away and it would work so ran back and got enough for a 5" border. While showing the top to another quilter, the suggestion was ditch the newsprint border add a yellow and then the KF piece. Voila here it is...
Attached Thumbnails 2020-stars-news.jpg   2020-stars-news-close-up-resized.jpg  

Last edited by oksewglad; 11-02-2020 at 12:42 PM.