View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 12:12 AM
miniquilts

Default Necchi desk question

I was trying to behave the other day, and not pick up another sewing machine... but admittedly while I currently only have Singers in seeing the Necchi I did and for the price... well it's still calling my name. lol

Anyways, biggest deterrent for me was the desk -- which was pretty, but super short. I was wondering if anyone knows if Necchi produced child sized desks for their full size machines at all, or if this was possibly custom? Sorry, I don't have pictures -- but if I get back down to the thrift store I saw it in and it's there, I will be taking pictures to share here. I believe the machine in question was a Necchi BU Nova, but can't guarantee that.

I'm short, literally I don't even reach 5'2", but while I was checking the machine out I was squatting down with my butt basically on my heels -- and my knees were not even 2" from the top of the chair opening on the desk. It appeared to have some carved molding around the opening, and looked to be in an oak or walnut finish. Just the size that really threw me off, b/c for me to say something is too small -- that hardly ever happens! lol

Thanks so much for any help y'all may be able to shed on this mystery!