View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 08:16 AM
LAF2019

Default Long Arm technical help

I consider myself an advanced beginner at long arming. I have gotten myself into a situation that I am confident you will be able to help with!
I have a baby-size quilt loaded on my long arm (BabyLock Regalia). The top consists of various scraps and cuts of baby clothes. The seams are very thick because of the type of material and the way they come together. I do not think they are too thick to sew through and I raised up my foot a little so it glides over smoothly. I tested it out by moving the unthreaded machine along the top and it seemed like it would work with no problem.
But.....
The height that my needle raises up during the stich sequence is not sufficient enough to clear the height of the material (in some spots). If i use the manual wheel to move the needle, there is plenty of room of course, but I cannot do that with every stitch! I plan to custom quilt in each square, so for the most part, I can avoid the thick seam lines. I am currently only in the basting phase and am having difficulty, so I imagine its not going to get any easier!
Is there a way to change the needle position height??? or anything else I can do?
Thank you so much. I ove my QB family!