Old 11-03-2020, 02:43 PM
sewingpup

Having no little kids in the family anymore....everyone has been downsizing ….I haven't even put up a tree nor done any decorating for years.....we even stopped gift giving preferring to have a meal and play games instead....it has been very nice and peaceful...this year will be different as the family will not gather....I may finish one Christmas wall hanging I started years ago as I am trying to learn ruler work on a domestic machine and this wall hanging has been "almost finished" for years while I was trying to decide how to finish it. It even is somewhat quilted together by stitch in the ditch in some places but I need to do a bit more....I do make quilts for the family and last year at Christmas I had made a bunch of scrap flannel lap sized quilts and everyone got to pick one. I actually do not like to make holiday themed quilts very often as I like to make quilts that can be used most of the year. Years ago, I did a bunch of lace snowflakes for the tree on my embroidery machine and my sister has decorated her tree with those for years....they are very pretty