View Single Post
Old 11-05-2020, 05:10 AM
sewingpup

I have gotten hooked on Bonnie's mystery quilts.....and yep....they are a lot of work...and yep...they are fun to do....and In my opinion....best started when the first clue comes up and I really push to keep up.....I have finished three of them and do to health problems have another two partially finished and I really want to try this years one. I have loved most of them once they came off the long arm....except for Grand Illusion...which was too busy and too bright....well guess what....that one is on my bed during this stressful times and it raises my spirits everytime I look at it...for some reason, I now love it! It is my favorite...tee hee....and the concept of doing scrappy quilts seem to have grabbed me in a big way....I am currently trying to finish a "biggy" simply nine patch I decided to make out of my larger print scraps and solid fabric that I am going to use to practice ruler work and already I am starting to love some of this huge scrappy blocks....when I look at my traditional 4-5 fabric quilts...they just look so boring! Yikes.....I even sometimes have started just making scrappy blocks without knowing what I am going to do with them and sometimes they grow into a full or queen sized quilt....