Thread: AccuQuilt
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 10:07 AM
juliasb

Originally Posted by CanoePam View Post
I love my Accuquilt, but I have a tendency to buy only general purpose dies. I have 8” and 12” Qubes so I have all the standard pieces in 2,3,4, and 6” finished sizes plus a number of strip dies. I bought the 7” Drunkard’s Path, and I have a 4” tumbler, but BOBs just don’t excite me. Maybe because I have so so so many quilts I want to make that use what I have. I have one set of holiday appliqués that I got on a screaming good used deal, plus a set of lower case letters I intend on using on all the specific baby quilts I make from now on. Ummm, maybe I really do have an addiction LOL! My quilting precision has increased dramatically. I guess I just wasn’t a good cutter.
Now I am the exact opposite I love the BOB dies. I have found that they frequently have pieces I need for other projects and give me the perfect blocks. I have 3/4 of the circle that indicate I can finish any block they have out. The BOB allow me to make many of my favorite blocks and explore many new designs. When buying BOB dies I try to be sure they are dies I will use again. There have been a few new dies that were of interest to me but I only bought the one package. The last 3 were of interest but not enough interest to even consider spending the money.