Old 11-08-2020, 09:38 AM
Iceblossom

Carol, I think you have the start of something really nice and the soft shades will be lovely.

The only thing I can really say is you have to be able to instantly recognize any color as what it is to you, and what it is to Bonnie. I wrote notes and things on my paint chips last time, as well as kept notes in my notebook in addition to the website directions. For me it was mostly: Neutral = Yellow.

It is entirely up to you on the scale of the prints. The problem I had with the larger color shifts/prints in my fabrics was when I had fabrics that were noticeably one color, except with some variation, and it was the variation that was in block when I really needed the color (previous example: when I really needed the fabric to read blue, I had the one tiny pink spot as most of my square). Or when I had to cut sets and the individual pieces didn't look like they belonged together, ranging from dark red to mostly white.

In your fabrics that isn't quite as much the issue, but I might be a bit concerned with whether (for instance) you had 3 squares together of the top center fabric with mostly background, and then the 4th one was solely the dark flower. Or that super cool print on the far right, that could be very white background or very dark colored depending in where you cut.