View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 04:39 AM
tlrnhi

Postal rates have gone up for everyone. It's ridiculous! I try my very best to get everyone a person that they want/need and also to respect their wishes for mailing to US/out of country. I did one year, have those in Europe sending to Europe addresses and the same with Canadians. I can only do that every once in a while or there will be people sending to the same people all the time.

I really do try my best to make sure it's not the same people sending overseas/Canada all the time. It's not fair that those are the only ones enduring the horrible postage. I do understand that money is tight for some, but maybe if we start putting a couple dollars a month in a jar for "Secret Santa" mailing, that might work out. You know...the same way we shop all year for goodies for the boxes. Maybe a special piggy bank for it. I dunno..........

Originally Posted by RJLinkletter View Post
I posted mine out on Saturday - I hope the recipient likes what I have put together! I normally enjoy taking part in these and in monthly swaps and am happy to pay the postage from UK to USA. However, I had a nasty shock when I went this time (haven't played for about 6-8 weeks). The postal system has created a new 'world zone' just for the US- no one else is in it and the cost is almost double what I paid previously!! It is cheaper for me to send something to Australia or the outer reaches of Timbuktu than it is anywhere in America.

Unless I can source a cheaper method by one of the private courier companies this may be my last US swap