View Single Post
Old 11-09-2020, 08:19 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

Default UFO fiinish #3 Stars in the News

This quilt began at the beginning of 2019 when I sorted through my waste HST's and declared it the the year of the triangle. I made a few Maverick (wonky) stars with red backgrounds; then went onto something else. This winter I picked up the stars again and had 72 6" stars finished...Now what? Using EQ I played with some layouts and like using a wider sash (3") with scrap cornerstones. I choose the newsprint fabric from stash for the sashes; then decided to use up more HST's on the sashing pieces. My plan was to use the news print in an inner border, but it seemed blah. While browsing in a LQS I found a red K Fassett fabric with multi colored bright circles....not an exact red match when I got it home, but close enough, but still lacked something. Ditching the newsprint border for a yellow border gave it the punch it needed. The circular quilting from the pantograph repeats the circular design not only in the border, but the red backing as well. I had enough leftover backing to use as binding.
Attached Thumbnails 2020-stars-news.jpg   2020-stars-news-close-up-resized.jpg