Old 11-11-2020, 09:59 AM
Iceblossom

Welcome aboard SuzSLO! Last year Kalama did a 30s print variation that came out super cool. She's not really doing the boards this year but maybe I'll poke her in an email and see if she will be doing this year or not.

Those sets last time Terry were difficult for me, but I sure learned a lot of good organizational techniques and bought a bunch of clips to handle them! I much prefer projects where I can substitute any quarter or whatever unit for another instead of keeping track of them or making them block by block.

I'm finishing up a Frolic UFO from last year and I can still only work on maybe 4-5 blocks at a time (max) instead of going through whatever step with all 25. I know a lot of people do build quilts one block at a time but I'm all about zipping through assembly line process.

The other thing that bothered me last time was the amount of unused pieces representing time and money/fabric both "just" to keep the mystery alive. For me quilts are at least in part about being thrifty and that was just waste. I think she expected (and got) an amount of backlash from that, but if there is something similar this time I won't do a third.