Old 11-15-2020, 07:40 AM
Iceblossom

I hope you figure out the pill situation with your pup. One of my last dogs, Sandy, just was so suspicious about everything, we could not get her to take pills at all. Even pills designed to be flavored for dogs.

Buddy, my itchy dog, he's a chow hound and eats everything, but he takes Apoquel daily and used to have other meds as well. We are able to use little bits of American cheese for him wrapped around the pill, actually all three dogs get cheese every day after breakfast.

When we got Sandy, she was 3 years old and not house broken... Buddy is house broken but would be naughty and get into trash and stuff if left alone, so we got a kennel for them. For potty training, you put them in the kennel for half an hour after eating then let them out and encourage them for "potty on demand". Whenever they go into the kennel, like if we leave the house, they get a few cat treats (those Pounce things). Silly dogs, they look to see if we put our shoes on and they run into the kennel for treat time now!

One of our current dogs is a bit suspicious about treats, he's not the just gulp down anything kind of dogs... but we think we can hide stuff in the daily cheese treat if we have to. Sandy never did. Unfortunately, she passed about this time last year. Was just talking to the hubby that this has been such a long year and the two "new" dogs seem like they have been here forever, but it was just January before Covid hit that we got them.