Old 11-19-2020, 07:07 AM
Wonky star

Hi everyone. I am a new quilter; most of my sewing experience is making clothes and I was not amazing at doing that. I have made 1 quilt top that is certainly a first quilt but I love it. I have fabric and patterns for several quilts and I can't make myself get started because I am afraid of messing up. I decided to do the mystery quilt as a sort of boot camp. I read through the entire Frolic thread before deciding to commit so I kind of feel like I am posting with quilting celebrities as I recognize a lot of your names from that thread.

I have ordered some fabric and will post pictures when it arrives. I had ordered a fat quarter bundle that is sufficient for the half size quilt but I decided to order yardage after seeing quiltsRfun's Frolic top. I will either use the fat quarters for something else or do a scrappy version later. I am really looking forward to having a schedule and a group to share progress. I also have watched a ton of quilting videos and recognize how to fix some of my previous errors so I am cautiously optimistic. Fingers crossed.