Old 11-19-2020, 02:40 PM
Wonky star

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I am really looking forward to this challenge. At this point in my quilting development, I think it will be very helpful to be told what to do instead of driving myself crazy trying to figure out the best way to sew something. And with instructions one week at a time (mostly) I will be forced to focus. I also think using fabric I didn't obsess over will make it easier to cut into and just get started, especially since I don't even know what I am actually making. I recognize I am in for a hard slog but I feel a lot of relief, honestly. My planned projects are mostly for gifts and I feel a lot internal pressure to do a good job for the recipient and not be wasteful of the fabric I lovingly chose. I have no chill as the kids used to say.

I would love any ideas of how you all keep organized during this challenge. The clips tip was good, I will pick some up. I have claimed a corner of our den instead of working at the dining room table. I recently bought a 1975 Kenmore that tucks away in the table so after finally figuring out how to thread the top and the terrifying bobbin, I feel like I have really cut down on set up and clean up time.