View Single Post
Old 11-21-2020, 08:21 AM
Iceblossom

I've been under the weather for the past couple of weeks and went out grocery shopping for the first time in awhile yesterday.

Can also report (which I passed along to my Tuesday group) that once again the TP shelves were bare, but that I had gotten a full Costco package on my last trip out 2 weeks ago so our bum wiping was covered and we had plenty to share if needed.

They were also passing out free cloth masks at what I call the big Safeway near me.

Early on we had so many shortages and restricted buying of things. We didn't even have any disposable masks at all until a couple of months ago -- after the mandatory masks in stores order in June. My MIL was complaining about the people who were just littering her regular shopping area with masks, we sure didn't have that problem here...

The CDC tells us that drinking has gone up. Well, I can tell you what I've learned from Covid is that Dairy was unavailable or restricted, but that fake Bailey's from Costco is actually cheaper per glass than either coffee syrup or cream, much less both, and was always in stock...