View Single Post
Old 11-22-2020, 02:32 AM
Murphy224

Originally Posted by RevPam View Post
My husband said there was no toilet paper on the shelf. He just shrugged his shoulders and said, "No -problem. You've got plenty of fabric." No appreciation there!
When the shortages happened back in March/April, I said the same as your husband----"in case of extreme emergency, I can always use some of that fabric I have. Pretty sure there is some that I wonder "what was I thinking?".
As for the shortages now, I feel it is combination of things: shortage of supplies to the manufacturing plant, covid shutdowns of schools and businesses - kids at home, parents at home, people at home.....gonna use more paper, the manufacturer may also be experiencing disruptions due to employees getting covid, truckers unable to work due to covid, higher than normal demand exceeding ability to produce product, and people stocking up as they are afraid, unwilling, unable, to go shopping as often as they once did.
And then you have the "hoarders" who think/hope they can make a buck on re-selling online. For a lot of folks unemployment has run out, no government help in way of stimulus checks, no money coming in to pay bills or feed themselves or family and are trying to make a living the best way they know how.
I wonder and pray about all the folks who worked restaurants, theme parks, movie theaters, sports and entertainment venues (not the performers) the ones who sell the tickets, provide security, clean the restrooms, work the food stands, sell the shirts, etc. and lots of others whose jobs ended in March and have not opened since.
Just my thoughts on the situation......