Old 11-24-2020, 04:18 PM
mcadwell

There was a wooden partitioned drawer in our basement. Cleaned and painted it, mod-podged some fabric on the inside, screwed in hooks on the outside and hung it on the wall above my cutting area. It holds cutting notions - the hooks are for scissors, rotary cutters as well as some fabric 'cups' I made to hold hemming clips. The partition 'shelves' hold my ruler suction cups and other various odds and ends.

Pants hangar that holds multiple pairs of pants hold my spools of ribbon. I know, I know, not for quilting but the info could be useful for a quilter.

Bought two 5 shelf kitchen racks on wheels. Hung pants hangars with clips off the back of one rack to hold extra cutting mats and rulers. Found an old wooden spice holder at a garage sale, stained it and it lies on a shelf holding my ironing supplies. These kitchen racks have things hanging off of them on both sides and the back to keep things off the floor.

Made a bunch of matching fabric bins with drawstring tops to hold all of my fabric (the drawstring tops are in different colors so I know which bin holds which fabrics) - they sit on a kitchen rack. Using the same fabric made a bunch of hanging bags to hold more stuff that are hung on a kitchen rack.

Got some black plastic produce bins from work (they were being thrown out), cleaned them and use them for storage, again on the kitchen racks.

I can wheel the kitchen racks any place I need them to be and it's so easy to move to clean behind and beneath them. They've quadrupled the space in my teeny-tiny sewing room.

Took the legs off my old broken ironing board and covered it with batting and fabric as though it were still going to be used as an ironing board. Pushed hooks all the way through that fabric and batting and through the ironing board holes too so it's a 'pegboard' of sorts and hung it on one end of one of the kitchen racks.There's a lot of different things hanging off those hooks.