Old 11-27-2020, 12:57 PM
Harper61

Default Thank You

Thanks for the welcome and the suggestion.

Here we go!

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
Here is the link for the first clue: https://quiltville.blogspot.com/2020...ry-part-1.html

This is a big HST unit for Bonnie! And there are sets! I hope we don't lose any participants because of the sets. (Being kind of an orderly type, I enjoy the sets myself.) I don't have that number of gold fabrics, so will have repeats. (Who else thinks this could be a huge clue about the number of blocks we'll have, and the setting?)

Harper61, welcome to the QuiltingBoard and to the mystery! You certainly couldn't go wrong making a sample clue out of muslin first. Bonnie does recommend checking your unit size before taking off and sewing the whole gazillion at once.

I sewed along with Edyta Sitar's covid shutdown mystery last spring (my first experience of Edyta -- so charming!). She does things the old-fashioned way, and I tried her method of HSTs, simply cutting the squares, halving them on the diagonal and sewing the two triangles together. I love the fact that they are far quicker/easier for me to cut that way than with the Easy Angle, and there are no extra actions, like drawing lines or tearing papers away.