Old 11-27-2020, 11:18 PM
bonjo

Originally Posted by Watson View Post
If you were using a cone, did you have it on a cone stand a little ways away from the machine and then threaded through all the guides on the machine? I ask because you said you used a spool next and the spool worked, so it could be that it was the fact that the thread was on a cone that was the problem.

Both my Singer-branded Janome and my BabyLock Tiara will take any combination of anything, so long as I make sure to give cone thread and invisible thread enough space to unravel (un-kink?) itself before it gets to the guides.

Watson

Same here!
I have two Viking Diamonds and a Viking Jade 35 and use mostly cone threads for sewing and embroidery...I use mini cones (600 meters) and the large cones (5000 meters) ...and place all of them on an external two-level 20 spool thread stand so the thread travels up to the thread guide on the stand, over to the eyelet thread guide I installed on the flip up lid on my Diamond, and then the thread gets threaded through the machine...and I use any thread brand, whether sewing or embroidery, polyester, polyester blend, rayon, etc.

The only thing I could possibly guess might be happening with certain threads appearing not to work well is if the thread doesn't get 'clicked into' the thread guides/disks in the upper portion of the machine. This will happen if the presser foot is in the lowered position when threading or rethreading the machine, but I could see it happening if the weight of the thread is different from what a person usually uses. One would just need to make sure the thread clicks into the thread disks by keeping a little resistance on the thread with the right hand as you thread the machine with the left.