Old 03-03-2010, 10:20 AM
shaverg

I had something similar on face book. I was sent an email asking me if I really wanted to change my email addres, this had the facebook logo and was from facebook.com. I responded not to change email. I was immediately hacked, took my password and photo and everything through facebook was directed to their facebook site. Even the law enforcement got involved, the hackers contacted everyone in my facebook family and friends saying we had been injured and needed money. I tried to get to facebook when I realized I could not stop it by going in through the web and changing my password, the hackers kept hijacking everything that was trying to go through my face book account, even me trying to get in touch with facebook on their fraud site. Finally since facebook does not have a phone number to contact, I did a search on google, found someones office phone number at facebook. Left a vm saying I was going to the media. My account was shut down in seconds. I will not use facebook ever again. This happened in August, they were aware of it in May and did not do anything about it or warn us.

I am really computer savy, but still got caught. I never answer any paypal, ebay, microsoft email or any of that stuff, without going direct through their corp sites. In fact the reason information about this came out in the Times in May was because a Microsoft Executive got caught with the same thing.