View Single Post
Old 11-29-2020, 06:48 AM
tropit

Default Fried BBQed Tempeh

I'm starting my weight loss program in January, I swear. But until then, I'm getting all of my sinful eating out of the way during the month of December. One, is fried foods. No, fried foods are not good for you, but I've often said that if someone says that they don't like a food, just fry it and watch them gobble it down. Tempeh is one of those foods. My kids won't touch it and I still don't understand why. Maybe I should fry up some for them some day. It's pretty tasty stuff. I made some for breakfast this morning. I added some BBQ sauce at the end and flipped it over to brown it up a little. So good! The tempeh patties tasted a lot like hash browns...BBQed hash browns...even better!

You can usually find tempeh in the vegan area of the produce section. Although, with the pandemic raging, it's been harder to find lately. This recipe is easy to make. Just take a tempeh patty right out of the package, cut it in half, or quarters and highly season it with salt, pepper and chili spices. Heat up about 1/2 inch of oil in a pan and add the patties. Cook over medium heat until the underside is light, to medium brown, flip and cook the other side the same way. Flip again and pour on some BBQ sauce evenly over the top side. Flip again and pour some more BBQ sauce on that side. Brown each side a little more and serve. It's great with fried eggs and a nice fruit medley. Oh...and lots of hot sauce.