Old 11-30-2020, 06:42 AM
SuzSLO

Originally Posted by wishfulthinking View Post
I'm afraid this is a really stupid question, but here it is! Can you make half square triangles eight at a time like Bonnie shows, but without using that specialty ruler? I have an easy angle, companion angle and all kinds of square and rectangular rulers and would like to not buy more. But I'd like to use the eight at a time technique. If anyone could walk me through this I'd really appreciate it. Or, should I break down and get one of the rulers she suggests? Thanks!
The method shown is for making half square triangles from bias strips; Bonnie just gives the measurements to make 8 of the required size units and has you cut them before pressing open the seam. Any square ruler with a 45 degree line can be used for the last step of cutting the units from the sewn bias strips.

Just make sure your are using the correct measurement. I think the Simple Folded Corners ruler uses a finished size measurement. With most square rulers, you need to used the measurement for the unfinished size. You can place tape on your ruler for the correct measurement to avoid confusion.

Good luck and enjoy.