View Single Post
Old 12-01-2020, 06:51 AM
CanoePam

Are you only piecing or do you intend on quilting some small items while you are there? I live in a motorhome in Arizona and California during the winter. I bring my sewing machine, cutting board, cutters, a pressing surface, my mid-sized iron for pressing yardage, my Sew Fast mini iron and wool pressing mat, and Best Press or Magic Sizing. I also bring a basic sewing kit with scissors, snips, pins, clips, marking supplies, seam gauge, machine cleaning supplies, needles, and the like. Since we have limited space, I generally cut out some projects before I go, but you may not need to. As for thread, I only use cones of So Fine in beige or gray for piecing, so those go with me. For quilting, I bring 6-8 spools of variegated thread, just in case. I seldom use it over the 3-4 months we are gone, but I have a few times. Carrying these things isn’t an issue if you are driving, and I can’t imagine trying to move everything you will need for 6 months (not just sewing supplies) on a plane, I guess you could just pack everything well and ship it. Machines ship very well in their original boxes, but a packing place can pack your machine safely.

Last edited by CanoePam; 12-01-2020 at 07:01 AM.