View Single Post
Old 12-02-2020, 06:21 AM
OurWorkbench

Default December 2020 Colorado Sewing Machine Get Together - Part 6

james-image12.jpeg

james-image13.jpeg

Seb

Seb sent us his news from France. He is a teacher and there, as here, the business of education has people working overtime. He writes:

Once again I'm afraid I will have to pass on this month's meeting and material sharing. Work is eating up most of my days. I've had my Singer Touch and Sew ready for trying new bobbins for two weeks without finding time to sit in front of the machine.

Yet, I've seen a listing for a Singer 48k with almost pristine Ottoman Carnations decals nearby for a very very reasonable price. If I can get my hands on it I will have Something to contribute for the next meeting
Have fun everyone !

Kindest regards

Seb

Dorothy

And, Dorothy sent us a note about what she's been doing:

Hello!
It was great having Thanksgiving which this year was Beef Roast, Potatoes, Green bean casserole and Mac & Cheese. Pumpkin and Apple pie.
Social distancing with my 2 live-in kids, 2 dogs and 3 cats, which I suspect, is what many people opted for.
The kids went to see their Father with masks on and Outside. Too many people have been exposed to do otherwise.

I have to confess that I have nothing going on regarding sewing machines.
We have replaced the furnace (the old one was from 1975) which caused a LOT of things that were stored in the furnace area to be moved into my sewing room.
Then the shower head unscrewing caused a water leakage (now mostly fixed, but needs to be watched closely) which was contained by covering everything in the sewing room with doggie Pee Pads.
Last night I was finally able to set up and do some slight sewing.
In front of me now is repairs for a Jacket - finish up a purse repair - get buttonholes on a shirt from a year ago - Cut out a fit pair of pants and then consider Christmas sewing.
Christmas season is approaching fairly quick (Surprise, Surprise). I have lots of material, in 1 yard lots so there may be Napkins, bowl cozies and aprons in the making. Might be the perfect time to work on the rolled hem start and stops on napkins. The bowl cozies would be an opportunity to practice my very limited Free Motion Quilting.
Have a Great Holiday season!
Dorothy

In Closing

We will post here again next month. Until then, we want to wish everyone a nice holiday season and a happy New Year.