View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 12:07 PM
mjpEncinitas

Well my blocks are off and the amazing post office is supposed to get it to Janice Monday. Frankly I'll be happy with Wednesday or Thursday.

Things I learned in this boom.
1. Two booms is probably not for me. I'm just not fast enough. I finished up with a day or so to spare but if I had gotten sick or something else had come up I would have been in trouble.
2. I'm getting better at piecing but my best blocks are still the applique blocks but piecing is becoming quicker than applique.
3. I'm at loss of what do with fabrics like the fun ones Have4boys sent. Tried piecing, tried applique, wasn't happy with either. Need to work on this.
4. Sometimes even light grey thread still shows for piecing and I need to be more careful about the piecing thread I use especially where lots of points meet.
5. If I send a companion fabric make sure the value is different than the focus fabric. My 3 month was successful. My 2 month not so much. Send the most (8 1/2" square?) I can.
6. I always seem to do well with Terriamn and TravelingGrammas fabrics. Not sure why.
7. I'm getting better with blocks that only allow you to use one other color but they are never my most creative designs.
8. I always learn something new during the boom and am in awe of the blocks I receive.