Old 12-04-2020, 02:33 PM
auntjo

Default Question re sharing discontinued patterns...

Many years ago I made 4 christmas quilts from Jeana Kimball's Christmas Quilt Block of the Month published by Oxmoor House in 1995. I started the blocks with a group in the town I was in at the time and we got our patterns from our fearless leader as we met each month (I think). Designed my own borders to make them bed sized. And many years later and as kids are settling into their own homes, the last two quilts are getting finished up (those I am still completing with hand quilting 3rd done & gifted this Xmas, & 4th - that son is still vagabonding around the world so not near ready to own a lot of stuff yet. I am thinking I'd like to do 3 more for more family. Before I start asking around to see if anyone would like to quilt along with me in constructing these I did a little research to see if the patterns are still available online or anywhere. I've found that it has been discontinued but have run across a few used ones that seem to run around $30-40 - and on up from there. Don't know that there would be enough even out there available if others are interested in working along with me on this project, or is it OK to share my own pattern if someone can't find a reasonably priced copy. How does that work? Thanks for any help you can give me as I mull this idea over. I'm in the beginning of working on the new BOnnie Hunter mystery for the time being anyway...
Attached Images