View Single Post
Old 12-05-2020, 12:37 PM
Railroadersbrat

My niece's vet set aside a couple of rooms away from the hustle and bustle of the lobby and exam rooms and set them up like a living room. There is a couch, loveseat, couple of arm chairs, TV, even a small fridge that's stocked with water, soda and juice for the kids and there's a coffee maker for the adults, carpet on the floors, drapes on the windows. They have a grief counselor on stand-by, so when it's time for a family to say goodbye, they are taken into one of these rooms, the counselor comes in and they are allowed to stay as long as they like or feel the need to. The grief counselor also keeps in touch with the family throughout the days and weeks afterward and it's such a beautiful, loving experience for these families, it's the way it should be all the time. It's also the top reason why my niece wants to retire from that office and no where else.

The sampler is one I bought for myself about ten years ago. I've tried it off and on over the years but something always pulled me away from it to the point I was making huge mistakes, so I put it away because I knew when it was time to work on it, it would present itself and sure enough, the time is now. Depending on how things go with this one, I'll make one for myself eventually, but I think these families needs it more than me right now.

Bright lights for me, too, I also had to dig out my magnifying glasses, my usual readers aren't strong enough, I'm using Aida 14-count. I surprise myself, I used to do cross-stitch with the 20-22-count cloth, I think I'd drive myself looney if I went that small now. I tried the 'sew-in' method and I was good at it for a while, but noticed my stitches were just too tight in some places, so it's a hoop for me. I don't mind it, though, the ones I use keep incredible tension so it's a breeze.

Also have to have a cup of coffee, lol