View Single Post
Old 12-06-2020, 05:46 PM
quiltingshorttimer

things are very hit and miss regarding what's in short supply around here. After months of no sanitizer wipes other than a sole weird brand at most, I saw a almost full shelf of them at local Walmart! Almost bought one but didn't as I had picked up 3 at the start of pandemic and have some locally made hand sanitizer that I can make my own with too. I had to laugh about chicken wings! Happening here too. I tried to find a spiral cut ham for a friend's Dad's funeral since she was feeding her large extended family--this in Sept and we went to 5 groceries before I could find one--and then there were 2 and both somewhat small. 4 Days ago I picked up Hormel's, good size for $1.89lb at that same Walmart! My DH likes cornmeal mush and doesn't want to make his own and I've been to 3 stores and can't find it. A friend orders her rice on Amazon, said it name brand and while rather large amount it stores.
We had to replace washer and dryer in June--lucked out that what I wanted the local appliance store had ordered for a woman who then changed her mind--I did have to wait 2 weeks to get the dryer, but was told some of the washer parts coming from overseas and not making it here.
A friend that owns a LQS told me that Moda had sent out email that orders were backed up due to # of infections in the west coast docks and trucking.