Old 12-07-2020, 02:06 PM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by SuzSLO View Post
No lashing from me. Sometimes life just gets in the way. That's why we save the instructions!

Finished my half-cocked Clue 2. My gold was used to buy butter. My green parakeet became cardinal red. My pure white became sunshine.

I used Bonnie's Essential Triangle and was very pleased at the results. Nice to have a new tool that really works!
I used my go die marked 2 inch quarter triangle squares....thinking it would give me the size hourglass I needed...well...I made a practice one...glad I did...measured it...turns out to be 3.5 inches square unfinished ????? so I start to do some thinking. Found another die...this one marked 3 inch quarter triangle squares....looked closely...is the exact same size as the one marked 2 inches....OK...looks like somehow, I got one marked 2 inch...that was really a three inch....I got both of these dies years ago. so now I have to make a decision...use the die anyway and then cut down the hourglass blocks to the right size...or use another method to make my hourglass units....now I think I bought Bonnies ruler....but....I just don't know where I put it....Aughhh.....so I took the dog for a walk to clear my mind....what I have left of it. Thinking about using the die anyway and doing the trimming....I do have the folded corners ruler. I plenty of greens, yellows , and whites of which most are truly scraps from other projects so I really will not be wasting that much fabric by making them bigger and then trimming....