View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 06:08 AM
platyhiker

We have a 16 year old, so that affects our decisions. We are doing most, but not quite all of our decorating. We got our usual live Christmas tree during Thanksgiving weekend, which is a week earlier than we get it. (I had read eports about there being possible shortages of trees this year - one factor was more people decorating early to get some needed cheer, and another factor is restrictions at the USA-Canada border.) We still have the tree in the garage, in a bucket of water, and will put it up about a week before Christmas, which is our usual timing.

I am skipping putting up the outdoor lights along the driveway. Now that we hardly ever go out of the house at night, it doesn't seem worth the effort. (Also factoring into that decision is that we live on very quiet street; if we lived on a main street, I would be more inclined to put up the lights for other people to enjoy.)

We have a small number of inside decorations, and I am putting those up. I am keeping an eye on the poinsettia selection at the grocery store and will either buy one there or make a trip the local farm outlet that always a lot of them. (I get a kick out of seeing tons of poinsettias in their green houses every fall.)

On one of my neighborhood walks, I could see one family, with young kids, decorating their Christmas tree about two weeks before Thanksgiving. (Given how symmetrical the tree is, I am guessing that it is an artificial one.)