Thread: 1st FMQ Block
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 04:48 PM
CaleyH

Default 1st FMQ Block

Title isn't completely true. I used this block once to try random FMQ, which was a total disaster. I plucked all the thread off for use in the future.

Today was the future for this block. One problem was i didn't map out the two circles, so they aren't centered. So I had to place the eight ovals off center also.

I tried setting my machine to zero, but my machine cannot be set that way. So I set it to .8. Then I adjusted the stitch speed to where I thought regular movement would get a fair stitch length when I mashed the pedal. Still need some adjustment on that.

I especially need to practise my curves, as I had some fairly jagged curves on the ovals. I seem to do better with bigger curves, but the little ones give me problems.

Overall, I think I will eventually get the hang of FMQing. It is just going to take time. I think my first big project will just have long wavy lines across it. I'll need to practise on my tiny details for some time before daring to put it on something I took so very long to piece together.

Anyway, here's the picture for you judgement.
Attached Thumbnails fmq1sttry.jpg