Thread: AccuQuilt
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2020, 05:28 PM
lindawmn

Originally Posted by CanoePam View Post
I love, love, love my Accuquilt. It is so fast and accurate. Right now I am doing a quilt with equilateral triangles - yup, two bias edges. There are little notches cut on the sides to allow perfect matching. You still need to prep your fabric correctly, press it well, and use starch or sizing if you will have bias edges, but that is pretty much the same as regular cutting. You also need to position the fabric so it cuts with the lengthwise grain. Right now they are having very good sales, but I doubt they will continue past Christmas. Oh, and the Accuquilt videos all end up on YouTube in addition to Facebook. As to your other questions, the die boards last pretty much forever, but the mats used with them only last for a few hundred cuts. Buy spares when they have a good sale. You have to match the die board to a mat size, so you will,end up with a big assortment.
Never thought of starching! Great idea. LOVE mine, especially the specialty dies. Just bought the mariners one with the mat bundled as they were selling for the same price as the die itself. I can't imagine cutting out those individual pieces.