View Single Post
Old 12-11-2020, 07:35 AM
Snooze2978

I started out with open bookcases but now I've changed over to over freestanding shelving as I found out when I changed to these that I had had a water leak on that wall. Luckily it didn't effect any of my fabrics but had to spray the white bookcases with bleach to kill the mold that had developed on the underside. They are now back up in the library with the books. I arrange by color unless I have a collection of the fabrics and then arrange by color within the collection. My threads are arranged on pegboard with metal hooks by order of their brand thread chart so easy to locate. I also keep my serger threads above my serger machine, my quilting threads as near the quilt machine as possible and the embroidery threads as close to the machine as possible. My regular threads are by color above the sewing machine. I like organization so want to keep things easily found and put back when done using it. Even my scraps by organized by size more so than color though. Fat Qtrs are by color in plastic shoe box containers under the cutting table. My quilts to be quilted are hung up with its backing and batting hanging right behind it .