View Single Post
Old 12-12-2020, 06:31 AM
wesing

Can you say why you don’t want the comic boards?

Our system includes kitchen cabinets in our sewing room with most fabrics ruler folded and sorted by color in the uppers. Solids are in one cabinet. Blenders are in one cabinet. Holiday is in one cabinet. Precuts including GQ are in one cabinet.

In the lowers we have large cuts (backing), kits, and bolts. We also have a lower cabinet for packaged batting. Another lower has stray tools, a basket of seldom-used rulers, a backup iron, and a mystery corner 🤣. We have made a flat ironing surface and put on one counter, and we cut on an island made of kitchen lowers.

We have one bookshelf with doors where we store books and I-Spy fabrics.

If we were starting again, I would like to have some shallow, tall shelves to store fabric. I’ve seen IKEA shelves that fit the bill - I think they’re Billy shelves. Fabric would be folded on boards and standing upright. It’s not a complete disaster to pull stacks of fabric when we’re making selections, but it is a bit of a pain putting everything back, and making sure it’s stacked straight so everything fits. I just think having it stored upright “quilt shop style” would make it easier to take out and put away. I like the way we have everything sorted; it is very easy to find what we’re looking for. We would still have some lowers with an ironing station. We would cut on the Martelli table.

Sorry if the pic is upside down!
Attached Thumbnails a8d4a6a7-0f3a-491e-8aca-8ca439a693e0.jpeg