Old 12-13-2020, 05:03 PM
sewingpup

Originally Posted by origamigoldfish View Post
Beautiful blocks, everyone!

Trimmed down my hourglasses from clue 2, and cut out all of my clue 3. I am having problems putting them together...the stitch plate on my machine doesn't have a small hole, and it is trying to eat all these triangles. I'm not sure I could get as consistent of a seam on my treadle, which is my only machine without a wide mouth stitch plate.
I grieves me to say this....but I have concluded after buying straight stitch plates and straight stitch feet, and a walking foot and then trying to address needle positions.....I bought a 5.5 mm feed dog machine without all the bells and whistles to do my piecing on....it is just so much easier than trying to deal with those wide feed dogs...I sure wish they would make more high end machines with the narrow feed dogs...for us quilters....and you know what...those embroidery machines do not need the wide feet....the only time those wide problematic feet are needed is if and when you do the decorative stitches....I am using my ancient Viking D1 on this mystery with it's narrow feed dogs and that machine also did beautiful embroidery until I wore out the embroidery unit...