View Single Post
Old 12-14-2020, 09:32 AM
IrishMom

Janice - I can't believe Christmas is almost here!!! Ours is going to be quieter than normal. Due to us not getting together for Thanksgiving my parents have already headed down to Florida (they usually leave around the first). My daughters, both in their early twenties, understand why but it's like their world has been shaken! We ALWAYS do Christmas Eve at the Grandparents. I think what it really comes down to there have been so many changes and u-turns this year that you want just one thing to stay the same...and it's not. But all the shopping is done and half the gifts are wrapped so I think I'm doing very well!

In my "free" time I have been quilting my quilt made from my blocks in Boom 23!! Hopefully there will be a picture soon -- my blocks were Christmas and I am determined to get it done. I didn't quilt as much as I thought during this pandemic, didn't have my mojo going! I backed the quilt with a very luxurious minky fabric -- it's is so comfy!!! And....I'm never going to do it again! It is heavy and I am having the worst time quilting it. It will not move under my machine. I'm instead holding it from underneath and moving it around that way - not ideal! I'm usually pretty good with a freestyle meander -- but this one is more jerky than I would like. But, it is still beautiful and comfy!

I'm trying to live by my new motto (credit to CBS news signoff) -- Stay Positive and Test Negative!