Old 12-18-2020, 05:27 PM
Railroadersbrat

Originally Posted by Raggiemom View Post
Railroadersbrat--your Rainbow Bridge wall hanging is intriguing. Love the first panel. My problem would be I can't read the poem without crying.
I bawled like an absolute baby when I found the pattern at Hobby Lobby years and years ago. I was getting some funny looks until other women came to see what was wrong and saw what I was holding in my hand, then they understood.

The whole wall hanging is supposed to be one solid piece of cloth for the cross-stitch, but I decided to break it up by the pattern, there's six pages in all, so six different panels. I'll break them up with some sashing and a few quilt blocks, I won't know that part until I've got it all laid out. I do know I plan to use royal blue, maybe a soft lavender and then either a peach or pale yellow for the borders and sashing and I'm thinking each panel will be framed with a light grey piping. Panels will be backed with white fabric to keep the batting from poking through and then I'm either going to find a quilt design I like, or design my own.

I intend to donate it to my niece's vet office she works at, they do some wonderful things for families that have to say good-bye to their fur babies and I think the wall hanging would be perfect for them. It's going to take some time, though, I used to be a pretty fast stitcher, but arthritis, carpal tunnel and tendon lock has slowed me way down, even with my compression gloves.