View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 11:24 PM
Rff1010

Finished 2 last week.
1) Susannah quilt block. It was supposed to be for my nephew. But the final product was SO NOT a 19 yr boy. I chose some lovely soft browns, earthy greens rust and a viney leafy print that tied everything together. Final product was spectacular - but not a young man's quilt. I gave it to a friend at work who has been a stable and constant support during Covid. (Sometimes I felt like the world was falling apart - which it is!- but she would talk me off the ledge). She was so happy she cried. I know it will have a happy and appreciated home with her.
2) most definitely not a UFO - but I awoke from a dream over Thanksgiving weekend with an idea for a quilt for some friends. Some strips - boom. Top done. Quilted w simple curved lines that added such delicious movement. Can't get over how much I like that simple quilting on the simple quilt. I'm really having a love affair with my walking foot.

I like the pattern so much I'm going to raid stash for more big prints and supporting players in the new year and make some Project Linus.