View Single Post
Old 12-20-2020, 07:52 AM
Sewsation

It is amazing to see people share copies of rare manuals here. I am glad to see a common theme of pairing manuals with vintage and antique machines, and of protecting rare originals. I wish I could say I have a manual for every one of my dozen, or so, machines, but I have one machine for which I have not managed to locate a manual, the JCPenney 6501. At this point, I would like to sell that oddball machine (very cheaply), but I have never sold a machine without a manual.

Many years ago, I purchased a four-year-old Pfaff 213 from a dealer. The dealer said the machine came with a manual. It did not. Then, he said he would get one for me. He never did. This was prior to our modern Internet. I used the machine without a manual for over twenty-five years before finding a copy on the Internet. When I sold that great machine less than a year ago, the new owner was pleased to be getting a copy of the manual, along with all of the basic accessories to use with her machine.

I want all of my machines to be completely intact and completely functional with their manuals, all original accessories or good substitutes, replaced cords if the cords have any damage, and a case of some sort. That is my goal with every machine I purchase!