View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 08:57 AM
Kwiltr

I bought mine in July, traded my 9400 in when I took it in to be repaired. I’ve made one quilt on it, a challenging quilt for me, because of the trapezoids and triangles and it was a King sized quilt. Since then I’ve been machine quilting it on my longarm...almost done. So the point I’m trying to make is that I don’t have a lot of experience with it yet. However, I want to love it, and I don’t yet. I had trouble right out of the gate with tension in just regular stitching mode. Turns out there was zero tension on the bobbin case when I took it back to be looked at. I hadn’t changed it, only adjusted the top tension ridiculously low to get anything close to a decent stitch out of it. Then I had trouble getting a consistent scant quarter inch. Tried all the typical feet. Between the angles in the quilt piecing and the other issues, it was a frustrating experience. The dealer is 5 hours away, so I can’t just 'run it in'. I’m hoping when I’m done this quilt and can move on and spend some quality time with it, so I can fall in love with it. If you are on Facebook, there is a group for the M7 Continental you might want to join. There are many people who love the machine and a few like me where the jury is still out. I liked the fact that it does indeed have a huge harp space, the head of the machine is more trim, so the visibility is much better for FMQ, and the lighting is great. I find the big screen for selecting stitches etc is easier to find what you’re looking for vs the 9400 (now the 9450). So there are lots of pros to it.