View Single Post
Old 12-23-2020, 09:40 AM
Kwiltr

[QUOTE=PatriceJ;8445487]
Originally Posted by Kwiltr
...Then I had trouble getting a consistent scant quarter inch. Tried all the typical feet. Between the angles in the quilt piecing and the other issues, it was a frustrating experience. .../QUOTE]

Unless I am doing curved piecing I always use the Accufeed, with the Quarter-Inch Foot.
I tested and found that the same settings will work using either the Accufoot or the O-Foot with guide.

Needle position 8.3 for technically scant.
Needle position 8.5 for slightly "scanter".
Align the fabric edge to the foot guide and between the 1 and 0 on the bobbin cover.
I also have always used the accufeed 1/4” foot for piecing and love it for that. With that foot, it was hard to get the visibility when trying to line up two trapezoid points and hit it in the joint properly. So I tried the HP foot everyone raves about, but I am so used to having a guide on my foot, I don’t find it works for me to always find the right spot and there is no adjusting the needle position with that foot. I also used the regular 1/4” foot. I can’t remember which I had the most luck with now, I’ve been quilting on my longarm for a month. Once that’s done, I’ll have more time to play with it, without being under a deadline.