Old 12-24-2020, 06:53 AM
Macybaby

My clue 4 is complete except for 4 units that need to be trimmed. I was working away this morning, letting DH sleep late since I had the day off (normally he gets up before I go to work, around 6 am). when a big truck drove by. It was one of those "oh no!" moments when I remembered today is garbage day! At least it was a sanding truck and not the garbage truck. Ran downstairs and DH was just getting out of bed (he heard the truck too) so I told him he still had time.

Got the garbage out (does not take long) and now it's breakfast time. So the last of the trimming will get done later.

I also just realized I have to take the 5 yards of backing I've got mounted on the LA off. It's for a king size quilt for my bed, and I did a brain freeze when I went to mount it and didn't think about it not being wide enough. I'd bought this fabric 6-7 years ago when I started this quilt, so I'd forgotten all about needing to piece it. As I was mounting it, it did cross my mind why it was so long . . . The floppy is 118" square, and I had bought a king size batting for it that is 120x122, so that will be tight. Not worried about side to side, and if I run out at the bottom, I've got a queen size roll of the same stuff to piece in if needed.

What's funny about this quilt, I got the idea and really wanted to make it for myself, but I knew it wasn't going to look real good in my bedroom. So I had made another quilt that looked much better but kept working on this one (it's a crazy quilt with 100 blocks, made with neutrals and a lot of lace, ribbon and trimming embellishment, along with a lot of fancy machine stitching). I've been working on it for years - though it spent most of it's time in a tote.

Then a year ago we decided to move, and my old quilt doesn't work at all in the new bedroom, but this new one sure will. So that got me more motivated to get it finished.