View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 02:15 PM
Mel202020

I'm having terrible trouble with mine. I got it in September and made 3 quilts for my niece and nephews. The first two went fine. I love quilting with the HP2 foot. On the third, I'm having terrible trouble. Thread breaks almost every 10cm (same cotton thread as the first 2). The needle is not centred between the prongs on the HP2 foot. It is very close to the right side. If I sew at anything other than the slowest pace, the needle bounces and breaks on the footer. I've been sewing holding the quilt with a finger near the left side of the footer prong to try to centre the needle between the prongs. The needle is centred above the hole in the machine, so I think the problem is with the footer. I have removed and replaced at least 10 times. Now the machine has started skipping stitches and the bobbin tension won't adjust. I have changed needle (4 broken needles and 3 random changes just to try a different one). The one blessing from covid is that family time has been cancelled this year, so I have a few extra days to figure out a work around so that I can finish this quilt and post it off.