Old 12-27-2020, 07:52 AM
SuzSLO

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
No....you are only using a few strips since the orange is the very center of 9P. Not sure about future clues, tho. I worried about running out of red but scrounged around and found more. Hopefully, you’ll have enough to finish the mystery.
My theory is that, after Clue 5, we are done with both red and orange. This is based on the yardage for each fabric Bonnie suggested (not including the extra grey for string piecing) and the finished size of the units we have prepared so far. I recognize that the finished size fails to account for the "waste" of seam allowances, which is more significant for smaller units than larger. But the suggested fabric amounts are probably rounded up, so this may compensate for that "waste".

My calculations are attached. The first percentage column is color fabric as a percentage of all fabric suggested. The second percentage column is for the finished size of each color used so far divided by the total finished quilt size. So for red and orange (and yellow, which Bonnie has acknowledged is done), we are close to or over the percentage of finished blocks expected based on the amount of yardage in that color needed. So I see a lot of grey, and some green and light (neutral) in the future clues.
Attached Thumbnails grassy-fabric-thru-week-5.jpg