View Single Post
Old 12-28-2020, 06:36 AM
juliasb

Congratulations!!! How exciting. The Ikea cabinets and furnishings is a great idea. My sister installed Some Ikea cabinets and upper cabinets in her sewing room in her old house to complete her space. They were great and easy to take down when getting ready to sell the house. She is now installing them in her current home.
My sewing space was custom made for me and if I could have one more thing it would be a better space for a design wall. You already have this figured into your room so you are one step ahead of the game. Make sure your cutting table it wide enough for a larger cutting mat. My treadle serves as the table for my sewing machine, which ever one happens to be in use at the time. I had to remember to leave space so I can open it. As time has gone on over the last 25 years my studio has become fuller and fuller of fabrics and sewing machines and now Accuquilt products. (14 sewing machines all together). Keeping it neat is a challenge but something I keep on working at. Fill your space with fun and just be peaceful in the joy of your own studio.