Old 01-02-2021, 06:20 AM
SuzSLO

Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
I'm on the fence with Clue #6. I have plenty of gray fabric, both prints and solids, but I hate to cut up "virgin" fabric to make strings. Am thinking about just cutting them to size for this clue as the result would still be scrappy. I didn't do the scrappy orange strings for Good Fortune and regretted it.
I had enough strip scraps left over from other parts of Grassy Creek to do a few string blocks. I liked the look of them enough that I decided to do more, even if it meant cutting into my fabric. But, really, what’s the difference between cutting a 2” strip to make a triangle unit or a string unit? My biggest concern is that I only have about 15 different fabrics in the color I’m using for grey (and some of those are running really low). I have already added a few other fabrics that I previously rejected as too dark or too light. Still, I may need more fabric before I can finish this week’s clue.

Edited to add: Someone on Instagram posted photos of their Week 6 unit which they pieced in three equal strips, before adding the triangle corners. It was their compromise between randomly sized strings and not-pieced.

Last edited by SuzSLO; 01-02-2021 at 06:25 AM.