View Single Post
Old 01-02-2021, 06:34 AM
pbraun

By default my sewing area is brown...wood paneling, brown window frame and cill, brown cork board which is pretty cool for arranging blocks, wooden machine cabinet and forest green carpet. All came with the walk out lower level which was decorated in rustic lodge motif. There is a "bar" that opens into laundry room with sink, frig, microwave and old fashioned ring burners. I can face out the window and watch the birds, or turn towards the woodburning brick fireplace. DH doesn't seem to mind the setup which can be all folded up and "put away" for parties. I mostly do what I can with what I have. There is a high shelf around 3 walls and it is great for my see through plastic boxes of scraps, mason jars of clips, pins and used needles. I have an old small library card catalog for threads, zippers, trims and more. There is a tray of old wooden spools from my mother and mother-in-law. So brown it is. I cannot complain and will focus on the pleasure of sewing and the views the room commands.